Thursday, 16 January 2014

And that was Thursday....

Conscious that I haven't been here for a while, and aware that today needed to be a day at the PC for reasons I will elaborate on, it seemed reasonable to add a re-appearance on the Blog to today's tasks.

I could blame my online silence on busyness, but conscious that a busy priest is no use to anyone (see here: http://www.notbusy.co.uk/), together with the inevitable weariness I always feel when all that clergy seem to be able to say to each other is how busy they are, then I am not going there. I do admit to a certain lack of emotional and spiritual energy, given what has had to go into other things recently, which always leaves me doubting whether I really have anything of worth to say. As a preacher, it is something I have lived with for a long time.

However, today was to be the day when the new Fridge-Freezer arrived. Yes folks, the economy is booming, we've spent some money. The retiring machine, having given excellent service for over 15 years and a move, has finally reached some kind of mechanical senility. Money has changed hands, and, for even more money changing hands, the old unit and all packaging was to be taken away and delivery arranged between 11am and 2.59pm, 3pm beginning a new, and even more expensive, time slot. Hence the need to stay at home, and the opportunity to get some stuff cleared.

So, the old machine duly emptied and cleaned, and what won't fit into the back-up freezer all over the kitchen, I waited. 11am, 12noon, 1pm, 2pm, 2.30pm. Hmm. Probably my OCD, but difficult to settle to anything today.

Surely they will be here soon.

Aah! A phone call, nearly here, there's the Van. Time of arrival? 2.59pm precisely.